Photo of Professionals at McDonald & MacGregor LLC
Photo of Professionals at McDonald & MacGregor LLC
Photo of Professionals at McDonald & MacGregor LLC
Photo of Professionals at McDonald & MacGregor LLC

Motor Vehicle Accident FAQ

Within seconds, an accident can change everything about your life. You may be facing medical bills. You could be unsure when you will work again. Meanwhile, you could be suffering during daily life.

You need legal representation you can trust. McDonald & MacGregor, LLC, will fight for the compensation you deserve.

Below we have listed some frequently asked motor vehicle accident questions for your convenience. To discuss your case, call our office in Scranton today at 570-209-8893 or fill out our contact form.

What should I do after an accident?

Your health is always a top priority. Calling 911 and letting them know whether you need an ambulance is crucial.

After that, exchange information with the person you collided with. It is also a good idea to take pictures of the scene, if it is safe to do so. After the police tell you it is OK to leave, it is a good idea to go to a doctor and get yourself thoroughly checked. Keep any medical documents and write down everything you remember. This could be helpful in the future, if there are any disputes about the accident.

What happens if I was partially at fault?

Even if you were partially responsible, you still may be entitled to compensation. It is important to never admit fault until after you talk to an attorney. There may be other factors that contributed to the accident that you are unaware of. Your lawyer will gather the appropriate evidence to help build the strongest possible legal case.

How long do I have to bring a lawsuit against the other party?

The state of Pennsylvania gives you two years from the date of the accident. While this can seem like a long time, it is best interest to talk to a knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible.

What types of damages can be recovered?

While every case is different, you may be entitled to compensation. There are two types of damages in our state: economic and non-economic. Economic damages include payment for medical expenses, lost wages and car repairs. Non-economic damages are for pain and emotional distress.